The Windmill - Breakdance
The Windmill is one of the most basic breakdance power
moves. Before you learn the windmill, you should learn the 6-step,
simple freezes and you should also stretch your
side splits a little
don't have to be able to actually do a side split) If you can already do the windmill, this can be very helpful if you
wanna learn the flair. There are different kinds of windmills: For example minimills or
slow motion windmills.
Description: Windmill - Breakdance
Windmills (where your legs move to your left side)
- Go to a freeze position and do a scissor movement with your legs, so that your right leg passes under your left leg.
- The right side of your hips should touch the mats first, but make sure you don't crash into the mats with your butt.
- Make more than half a rotation on your back, while you spread your legs as far as possible and keep your feet overhead, so that your windmills stay centric.
- If you kept your feet high enough, you will be able to push yourself up to the initial freeze position again.
- Do the scissor thing again and start another windmill.
- Do thousands of windmills until your head keeps
spinning all day long... Good Luck
Trainer advice: Windmill - Breakdance
- Try the windmill on mats first.
- Warm up and stretch before you do windmills.
- Find somebody who can already do the windmill, so that he/she can assist you.
- Watch the windmill videos listed on the bottom of this page.
Related instructions: Windmill - Breakdance
Videos: Windmill - Breakdance