Gymnastic Back Handspring Stepout
The back handspring stepout is basically
a back handspring where you
jumping off and land on one leg first. The back handspring stepout is similar to the
gymnastic back walkover. Back wolkovers and back handsprings are usually only seen in girls gymnastics. Find more gymnastics instructions at artistic gymnastics main.
- Jump off both legs at the same time like if you were doing a normal back handspring.
- Once both legs are off the ground, spread (split) your legs without bending the knees. If you do your cartwheels from the left leg, spread up your left leg first.
legs as much as possible.
Land on one leg first, raise your arms and look straight forward.
- Learn the normal back handspring before you try the back handspring stepout.
At the beginning you should not spread your legs too much.
- Don't spread your legs too early.
Make sure you jump from both legs at the same time.
- Exercise: Combing the back handspring stepout with cartwheels, handsprings, handstands,