Double Back Flip
lesson you will learn how to do a double back flip
in artistic gymnastics. You should be able do all the basic
gymnastics flips before you
the double back flip.
I recommend you jump from a 1m springboard into water and then try this on a trampoline.
Don't try the double back flip without the supervision
of an experienced gymnastics coach. Find more gymnastics instructions at artistic gymnastics main.
To learn the double back flip, build
up mats and mini-tramp like
shown in the illustration.
- Do a handstand and bounce into the trampoline a couple of times. Make sure you keep you abdominals tight.
Then do a back flip onto top of your mats and follow with a back roll.
- Keep practicing until you can do back flip to back roll without touching the top of the mat pile and then try to do a double back flip.
- The mini-tramp training method shown here is one of the best ways to learn the double back flip. Also try jumping from a 1m springboard
training method for the double back flip would be jumping from a tumbling track into a foam pit (with foam rubber cubes).
- Warm up and stretch sufficient before you work on difficult flips like this one.
- Only practice the tucked double back flip at the beginning.