Koshi Guruma - Judo Hip Wheel
The koshi guruma (hip wheel) is one of
the most popular judo throws and is also used in other wrestling styles
such as Chinese wrestling (shuai jiao) and
Jujitsu. The Morote
quite similar to the koshi guruma.
Description: Koshi Guruma - Judo Hip Wheel
Jump in (Heels down, knees bent, left hand grabs sleeve.
- Put your right arm around his neck.
- To throw your opponent, following movements have to be done together: Pull forward down hands, straighten knees and lift your hip, to throw over your opponent.
Trainer advice: Koshi Guruma - Judo Hip Wheel
- Also use your calfs to lift your hips even higher and faster.
- Look to your own feet after throwing your opponent with a koshi guruma.
Videos: Koshi Guruma - Judo Hip Wheel
- Koshi Guruma videos - coming soon