How to do a Judo Roll
The judo roll is a very basic judo technique and
is very imortant, to get a feeling of rolling, falling and landing. Practice the judo roll everytime you warm up. You can also jump forward and then roll, or jump over a training partner before you do the judo
roll. Parkour runners also do de
judo roll, as a protection after high
jumps. However, the normal judo roll (without jumping) should be
learned first. Start practicing on a soft ground (mats or grass). Find more judo instructions at judo main.
Description: Judo Roll
If you start with the left leg is in front of the right leg, you put down your left hand first.
- Shortly after your left hand touches the ground, you can use your right hand to support the weight a little bit.
- Do the judo roll, and roll over your left arm (hands to shoulder) to your right hip (see illustration)
- Smack down the right hand and forearm before you stand up and push down hard.
- Stand up or do another judo roll.
- If you start your judo roll with the right leg in front, you have to do the whole thing the other way around.
Advice: How to do a Judo Roll
- Learn the judo roll before you try any other judo techniques or throws.
- Learn the judo roll on a soft ground. Judo mats, a matraze or something similar.
More info about this technique: Judo Roll
- The judo roll is also called "Chuck Norris
Roll" or "Action Roll". ;)