The x-guard is a typical Jujitsu lock where you stay
on you back and block your opponent with your legs and your hands.
The jujitsu x-guard is also a good base to make
your opponent fall, to protect from further attacks or just to
time. It is called x-guard, because "x" / "cross" into your opponent.
Description: Jujitsu X-Guard
This description is for a x-guard, where your opponent stands with the left leg forward.
- Make sure the left foot of your opponent is over and not under your shoulder.
- Use your right hand to grab your opponents leg about one inch over his knee. When you do this, your right upper arm should be parallel to his left calf.
- Your left hand stays free (to do something else)
- Place your right knee under his left thigh and the ankle of your right foot on the left side of his hip.
- Put your right instep behind his knee.
- Press both legs towards your opponent and pull down with your right hand.
Trainer advice: Jujitsu X-Guard
- Practice both sides of the X-Guard
Videos: Jujitsu X-Guard