Benefits of Massage
Massage Therapy can be extremely beneficial to all. In general, we are all touch deprived and therefore avoid massages. The following are just some of the reasons you should
get a massage. Learn more about massage techniques at massage & relaxation main.
Description: Benefits of Massage
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body's natural defense system, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body's largest organ - the skin.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles.
- Releases endorphins - the body's natural painkiller - and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Reduces spasms and cramping.
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Assists with shorter labor for expectant mothers, as well as less need for medication, less depression and anxiety, and shorter hospital stay.
Advice: Benefits of Massage
- Sports massage can aid recovery and enhance performance.
- For Flash Mavi by Josh Rosheisen from (getfitandmassage.com)
Related Topics: Benefits of Massage
Videos: Benefits of Massage