Hip Wheel with Gloves - Muay Thai
The hip wheel is is not one of the most popular muay thai throws, but its sometimes applied in the clinch. You grab your opponent, turn away from him and throw him over your back. With the
boxing gloves on, you can't really grab your opponent like in Judo. You will have to surround his neck with one arm and lock his other arm between between your upper body and your arm. Find more muay thai instructions at muay thai main.
Description: Hip Wheel with Gloves - Muay Thai
Description for right-handed fighters.
- Step forward with your right foot and surround your opponents right arm with your left arm. This makes it easier to position yourself and your opponent will not be able to attack you, while throw him.
- Surround his neck with your right arm and step
forward with your left foot, while you twist on your right foot. (turn
- Now your toes should point away from your opponent, your heels should be on the ground and the knees should be bent. Pull his body close to your back.
- To lift your opponent and throw him over, lift
you heels, straighten your legs and pull forward-down his trunk.
- Look to your own feet, while your opponent falls over.
Trainer advice: Hip Wheel with Gloves - Muay Thai
- Learn the hip wheel without gloves first.
- Work out on mats.
- Don't throw somebody who has no martial art experiance.
Related Instructions: Hip Wheel with Gloves - Muay Thai
Videos: Hip Wheel with Gloves - Muay Thai