Sitting Glute Stretch
Learn how to stretch your glutes in a sitting position. To make this stretch more intensive, straighten your back and pull your knee towards your upper body. BTW, in wushu this position is called "xie bu" rest stance. Find more stretches at stretching main.
- Sit down on the floor and extend both legs in front of you like if you were dong a sitting double-leg hamstring stretch.
- Then put one leg over the other and plant the foot as close as possible to your hip.
- Keep your upper body upright and grasp your shin and your thigh with both hands. Also bend the other leg and pull the upright leg towards your upper body.
- Hold this position about 30 seconds and then switch legs.
- This glute stretch is often performed after front and side split attempts.
- Warm up your thighs and your hips before you apply the sitting glute stretch.