Types of Stretching
In this lesson you will learn about the different types of stretching. As you know, there are plenty of exercises: Double leg stretches, triceps and chest stretches etc. You can apply any of these stretches statically, dynamically, isometrically or in combination (PNF). The different types of stretching are:
- Static Stretches - Stretches where no motion is involved.
- Static Passive - No motion and no action is involved.
- Static Active - No motion, but a action is involved.
For example when somebody pushes you down.
- Dynamic Stretches - When motion is involved.
- Dynamic Ballistic - When you work with the elasticity of the muscle.
- Isometric Stretches - When a muscle is stretched and contracted at the same time.
- PNF Stretches - Combination of static, isometric and sometimes dynamic stretches.