Wushu is a synonym for martial arts (wu = 武 = martial + shu = 术 = arts) and covers
martial arts styles, such as Taolu (forms), Sanda (chinese kickboxing), Shuai
wrestling) and traditional
animal and weapon styles. Learn the basics,
wushu jumps, kicks, beginner forms, weapons and traditional styles. If you are interested in modern, competitive wushu, I recommend you also learn the basics artistic gymnastics.
- Basic Wushu Stances
- Wushu Kicks
- Basic Wushu
- Basic Wushu Jumps
- Additional Instructions
- Modern Wushu - Competitive - Hand and Weapon Styles
- Traditional Wushu Hand Styles
- Traditional Wushu Weapons
- In China, everybody starts with Longfist (chang quan). The basic jumps and kicks
are the very first things to be learned. Then the 5 Stances form and a form called Gui Ding Quan. After that, you choose of you want to learn Staff and Broadsword or Spear and
Straightsword. It usally takes years until students are allowed to learn traditional hand styles and weapons. Even if you are not young enough to start with the acrobatic
jumps used in modern wushu, you should practice the basics and know how the jumps work.
- Build up flexibility first. The stretchkicks have to be practiced at least 4 times per week.
Artistic gymnastics can be very helpful for everybody who is interested in modern wushu.