Vrksasana - Yoga Tree Pose
The yoga tree pose
concentration and posture.
for people with leg and foot problems and for people who sit a lot during work) The
tree pose strengthens
calf thigh and back muscles and slightly
hip and groin area. Find more
yoga exercises at yoga
- Start from the yoga mountain pose (tadasana)
Lift your left knee and put your left foot sole on the inside of your right thigh.
Exhale while you do this.
Then raise your extended arms to horizontal level. Both palm point down.
- Inhale again and close your palms in front of your chest
at the same time (praying position)
- Finally exhale and lift your closed palms over head. Keep
breathing concentrated through the belly and hold this position for a while.
- Breathe deep (belly breating) and move slowly.
- The yoga tree pose is easier to balance when you look straight forward to something far in front of you.